Friday, September 26, 2008

Whole Wheat Flour - and WW Pancakes :)

Sometimes I love living at home! We ran out of whole wheat flour the other week so I asked my mom if she would buy more. "Buy?" she asked, "we don't buy wheat flour, we grind it ourselves". So I pulled out the old kitchen-appliance size wheat grinder (the good 'ol Magic Mill I remember from childhood) and dumped a bunch of red wheat grains into it. I turned it on and watched the wheat turn to flour before my eyes!

2 cups (freshly ground) whole wheat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups soymilk
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil

Mix well, it took a minute longer for the liquid to all be absorbed into the wheat flour vs. white, but that's okay. Cook on griddle - smother in margarine and syrup - enjoy! :)

No comments: