Featured Post

Meal Ideas

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Grilled Tofu on Rice


1 lb. firm or extra firm tofu
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup soy sauce (Bragg's Liquid Aminos are the best!)
1 teaspoon ginger, minced, or 1/4 teaspoon ginger powder
1 clove garlic, minced
1 lime, squeezed (or 2 Tablespoons lemon juice)
Dash Red Pepper Flakes

Drain and press extra water out of tofu. Cut lengthwise into 4 filets.  In a blender mix together remaining ingredients. Marinate tofu in the mixture overnight or up to 24 hours.

Grill tofu until heated through and browned on each side, about 3 to 5 minutes on each side. I use my "George Foreman" grill and love it for this as I can keep basting the tofu in the marinade as it cooks. Serve over rice, I added some edamame and no-chicken bouillon to my rice today. You can also serve on a bed of greens.

No comments: