Sunday, September 14, 2008

Basic Pancakes


1 cup white flour
1 cup whole wheat flour (or all white or all wheat, honestly)
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups soymilk
1 - 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil

Mix dry ingredients, then add wet. After stirring a little, I put the batter in my Magic Bullet blender (any blender would do) and give it a few pulses to take care of yucky flour lumps. Work wonders, just don't over blend. A few pulses will do you.

Cook on a griddle on high, I also brown some Gimmie Lean "sausage" with it and I eat it all covered in real maple syrup

--------------------

Sometimes I love living at home! We ran out of whole wheat flour the other week so I asked my mom if she would buy more. "Buy?" she asked, "we don't buy wheat flour, we grind it ourselves". So I pulled out the old kitchen-appliance size wheat grinder (the good 'ol Magic Mill I remember from childhood) and dumped a bunch of red wheat grains into it. I turned it on and watched the wheat turn to flour before my eyes!

No comments: