Featured Post

Meal Ideas

Friday, October 17, 2008

Chocolate Mint Zucchini Cookies



This will probably be the last of my zucchini recipes for now as the growing season is over :(

3 cups flour (2 cups whole wheat, 1 white or other ratio)
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cocoa powder (okay, I put in double that . . .)
1 1/2 cup suga
2 1/2 cups grated zucchini (~1 medium zucchini, or 2 small)
1 Tablespoon oil
1 cup soymilk
1 teaspoon peppermint extract

Mix all the dry ingredients together, then add zucchini and wet ingredients. Mix just until smooth.

Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and bake 12 minutes. I made my cookies giant like you find in expensive coffee shops so I dropped them by the 1/3 cupful. This increased cooking time by 1 1/2 minutes.

Variations: I added 1/2 a cup of smashed-up candy canes (or star mints would work). Or if you don't like mint, I'm sure vanilla would be just fine instead :)

No comments: